The students designed the project, called Estadio Alameda, using the power of enthusiasm, inspiration, long nights, and AutoCAD. With help from AutoCAD, the students:
- Completed the basic stadium design in only six weeks
- Completed the presentation material in only four weeks
- Mastered an essential professional tool
- Impressed established architects, local politicians, and business leaders
- Successfully launched careers in architecture
Each semester, the most promising senior architecture students at the Tecnológico de Monterrey in Monterrey, México, come together in a design studio class called “Cátedra Blanca.” In the class, the students form small groups and develop collaborative design projects that focus on urban planning and architecture.