A complete and responsible asset recovery solution must address the proper disposal of equipment which has reached the end of its useful life. Electronic Waste has received much publicity lately as a rapidly expanding problem around the world. Improper disposal of hazardous materials can result in negative publicity, government fines, and expensive cleanup costs. Is your organization giving this the attention it deserves?
Apto Solutions has established a fully audited, zero-landfill recycling program to address the disposal of all types of electronic and non-electronic equipment, complete with audited downstream reporting and certificates of destruction.
Apto’s compliance department stays at the forefront of an increasing federal and state regulatory framework to ensure all laws are followed. In addition, we continue to set good steward examples in the industry with self-appointed policies. For example, we voluntarily discontinued all domestic and international CRT monitor sales in early 2009.
Apto Solutions’ recycling program follows a strict adherence to the R2 (Responsible Recycling) accredited certification program, supported by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and many original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s). R2 practices are not legal requirements. They are a set of guidelines that are implemented voluntarily. Apto combines legal compliance, along with ISO 14001 and R2 certification to establish a best-in-class recycling program.
- Certified ISO 14001: Environmental Quality Management System
- Established policies that promote reuse and repair/reuse.
- Implemented an internal system that controls and audits downstream management of end-of-life equipment and materials.
- Focus materials sent only to certified, audited downstream partners and to countries that legally accept them (NON-OECD). Focus materials include cathode ray tubes (CRT’s), CRT glass, batteries, and other items containing lead, mercury and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB’s).
- Ensure that no incineration or land disposal occurs with recycled materials.
- Detailed records of all recycling activity are archived.
today to learn more about our strategic remarketing services! 1-877-961-9630