Where ever data gets changed or modified it takes procedures and formal methods to keep order. The complex world of highly automation production processes is influenced by different control programs, drive systems, field devices, robot types, programming languages, file formats and specific applications.
The risks to any automated business where staff are modifying automation programs are clearly understood by the users of Versiondog. Without a formal solution it is almost impossible to manage changes to online automation programs, with every pilot we provide this is highlighted clearly as differences between master backups and the online program controlling the plant are presented. Without Versiondog, the risks facing your business are;
- Safety of personnel is compromised
- Expensive Assets can be damaged
- Extended production losses due to slow recovery after automation failure
- Process disruption can lead to poor quality product or rejects
Versiondog provides automation engineers the tools they need to apply the governance needed to insure;
- The current program version is always secure and available as the guaranteed master copy to authorised users.
- All changes are documented and recorded against the user who made the change
- Process Control engineers are able to quickly determine the changes between online and offline programs and previous program versions
- Versiondog allows IT departments to apply the governance required to manage the many different automation programs and configuration files typical excluded
- Using advanced features such as "Automatic upload and Compare" the current device software running in programmable logic controllers can be compared to the current version to detect tampering or save improvement changes made on the process control device.
- The risk of knowledge loss with retirement or leaving of employees is removed and Versiondog provides a life cycle management tool for all the site process control software at a price that we result in rapid payback.
Auvesy, the author of versiondog, is based in Germany and is a
private company with a long pedigree in this domain.
Versiondog is the product recommended by Siemens on their
Automation and Drives Mall.
Below is a list of currently supported components which changes regularly as new devices are added.
- Siemens S5
- Siemens S7 (Multi-project support)
- IBH S5 for Windows
- Rockwell RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500 and RSLogix 5000
- Schneider Modsoft, Concept
- * Schneider Unity
- 3S CoDeSys (SoftSPS)
- * ABB Freelance 800F
- AEG A250, A500
- Allen Bradley ACD
- AMT NT, XP
- Atlas Copco
- Beckhoff TwinCat
- Bosch CPS 21
- Copadata Zenon
- Indramat CLM
- Pilz Safety, PSS032, PSSPG, WinPro
- * Phoenix Contact PC Worx
- Sick PLS
HMI / SCADA & DCS
- Siemens PCS7 (Multi-project support)
- Siemens Protool, WinCC, WinCC Flexible
- Wonderware InTouch
- GE iFix
- Sutron TSwin
- Indramat DDS, Drivetop (Ecodrive)
- SEW Moviedrive
- Siemens Simatic Simodrive
ROBOTS & CNC
- GE Fanuc
- Siemens SINUMERIK 840D
- Visual Basic
- C++ / Pascal
General and Other Devices
- Siemens Bus Configuration COM Profibus, CP143, ET200
- Simatics S7 Library
- Simatics S7 Multiproject
- Universal (User customisable)
* Components currently under development