A standard range of turnouts are manufactured for the South African market and any other special turnouts can be manufactured according to the clients requirements.
Preassembly a value added service
VAE offers Turnout Systems for every traffic application:
- for international Standards as UIC and AREMA
- for all available rail sections
- for all required gauges
- for all track systems as slab track and ballasted track
- for all required rail fastenings
The benefit of VAE Turnout Systems is based on minimized life cycle costs by:
- high lifetime
- low maintenance
- high reliability
- tailormade, specification-conformal designs
The following material are imported as consignment stock for local manufacturing:
Turnout components are supplied in the following rail profiles:
• Switch Bade Blanks
• Inserts Commercial supplies are the small turnout components that are outsourced and locally manufactured for VAE under contract and used as components in sub-assemblies or supplied to the client for maintenance requirements. Turnout sub-assemblies are supplied in pre-assembled components or turnouts or supplied to the end user as maintenance material. Turnouts are pre-assembled and fitted before supplied as complete units to the client. Turnouts are supplied as a one stop service and guaranteed when pre-assembled in the VAE plants.
A standard range of turnouts are manufactured for the South African market and special turnouts can be manufactured according to the clients requirements. The standard range of turnouts are manufactured with railbound crossing frogs and apart from the 1:20 turnout can also be supplied on wooden sleepers or steel sleepers and comprises of the following: The special range of turnouts is manufactured according to specific location requirements and can be manufactured for the client in different configurations such as: Scissors crossings
• 1:20, UIC60 tangentianal turnouts on concrete sleepers
• 1:12, UIC60 tangentianal turnouts on concrete sleepers
• 1:12, 48kg tangentianal turnouts on concrete sleepers
• 1:9, UIC60 tangentianal turnouts on concrete sleepers
• 1:4.5, 48kg
• 1:6, 48kg
• 1:7, 48kg
• 1:8, 48kg Slips
• 1:7, 48kg double slip
• 1:7, 48kg single slip Diamond crossings
Diamond crossings are available in various configurations according to the client’s requirements Special turnouts are also available on universal concrete sleepers or wooden sleepers.
Blockjoints are supplied as workshop pre-assembled assemblies in 48kg, 57kg and UIC60 rail profiles in four- and six bolt configurations.
Wooden ties are imported from various sources, creosoted, tagged and gang nailed according to SABS and Spoornet specifications. The hardwood ties are supplied in various dimensions for turnout manufacturing and open track.